Online Privacy has become increasingly important in recent years and we understand the need to protect your personal information.
We have built Christian Connection with certain privacy features as standard:
- Details like your email address, phone number, home address and last name are not visible by other members. Only those which you chose to share them with.
- All profiles are only viewable by other registered members. In other words, it's not possible for someone to 'discover' your Christian Connection profile using Google or other search engines.
- We don't share any of your information with any other site, platform or third party.
- We are fully compliant with all GDPR regulations, so your data is protected regardless of whether you live inside or outside the European Union.
- The mobile app does not 'track' your location in the background.
There are also some extra ways that you can control your privacy and security on Christian Connection:
- Using the search visibility options, you can choose which age range you want to be visible to in searches.
- If you're a full member, you can 'go invisible' if you don't want to appear on other member's "Who's Viewed" list.
- You can block individual members if you don't want them to contact you or view your profile,
- You can hide your profile from everyone, at any time and still have access to your account.
- Your personal email account (e.g. Gmail or Hotmail) can be a target for hackers, so keep your email account secure by using a strong, unique password and enabling two-factor authentication.
- If you use a shared computer or tablet, it's advisable to log out from Christian Connection each time you've finished and to decline any offer from the browser (e.g. Chrome) to remember your details.
- Never use an unsecured wifi network (one where you don't have to enter a password). These are usually found in public venues and on public transport.
- Use a unique password for your Christian Connection account. Use a password manager to generate and store unique passwords for each site you use.
- You might consider installing VPN software on your computer or mobile device to add an extra layer of security.